Dominus (book II of the Empress and the Vagabond) final (?) editing



Me (buzzing with happy happy sparkles): Pfff, finally, I am done with editing and can upload the whole thing to Amazon for formatting.

Annoying voice of reason (He sounds like Voldemort’s and Adolf Hitler’s love child all grown up and pursuing a career as a creepy candy salesman): Are you sure?

Me: Of course I am sure! I have been staring at the same 200+ pages for weeks now! It’s finished! No more corrections needed!

Annoying voice of reason: You should take another look at it.

Me (Reversing into my 8 year old self who doesn’t want to do her homework):….I don’t want to, it’s done. I want to write new stuff. I feel stupid. I feel like a cow. I have been ruminating what I have written over and over again, and I am sick of it. It’s no fun!

Annoying voice of reason: You know that you’re not a native English speaker.

Me:….so?

Annoying voice of reason: And you’re quite impatient.

Me:😐

Annoying voice of reason: And you’re too embarrassed to ask anybody to help you with editing.

Me:😐

Annoying voice of reason: So…there is a 99% chance that there are still mistakes in the manuscript…

Me: Alright alright! I will take another look at it! Geez!

*Opens words, checks a random page, finds a really stupid spelling mistake within a minute.

Me: Arghhh!

Annoying voice of reason: Told you so…

-       Cue evil laughter, which echoes because the room is pretty empty and I am too poor to buy furniture. 


Comments

Popular Posts